The Funeral Service for the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew was held at the University Cultural Centre (UCC), National University of Singapore on 29 Mar 2015, Sunday, from 2pm to 5.15pm. It was preceded by the State Funeral Procession from Parliament House to UCC.
The Procession covered a distance of 15.4km and pass significant landmarks, such as Old Parliament House, City Hall, the Padang, NTUC Centre and Singapore Conference Hall; as well as heartland areas.
Details of the State Funeral Procession
- Members of the public lined the State Funeral Procession route from Parliament House to UCC;
- A ceremonial flypast and sailpast by the Republic of Singapore Air Force and Republic of Singapore Navy respectively;
- The SCDF Public Warning System siren sounded twice island wide at about 4pm, signalling the start and end of a minute of silence for the late Mr Lee;
- The State Funeral Service was shown live at all 18 of People’s Association community tribute sites and all community centres.
The Master of Ceremony was Mr Peter Ong, Head of Civil Service. Ten eulogies was delivered, in the following order:
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
- President Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam
- Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong
- Former Cabinet Minister Ong Pang Boon
- Former Cabinet Minister S. Dhanabalan
- Former Senior Minister of State Sidek Bin Saniff
- Trade unionist G. Muthukumarasamy
- Tanjong Pagar community leader Leong Chun Loong
- Former journalist Cassandra Chew
- The late Mr Lee’s second son Lee Hsien Yang
On the conclusion of the Funeral Service, the late Mr Lee made his final journey to Mandai Crematorium.
List of Foreign Dignitaries Attending State Funeral Service